THE PROGRESS OF THE PROJECT
- The City Council made a decision on the terms and initiation of the invitation to tender in December 2016.
- The City Council approved the changes in town plan in April 2017.
- The main investor (and/or construction company) for Hippos2020 to be selected with a public procurement procedure.
- Consortium Lehto Group & Fennia was selected as the main investor in December 2017.
- The City Council approved the realization of Hippos2020 project in May 2018.
THE ROLE OF THE CITY OF JYVÄSKYLÄ
- Hippos’ current maintenance backlog of €23 million will be invested as equity in a company to be founded for Hippos.
- Transfers the €7.6 million of assets of the existing properties of Hippos to the company to be founded as the company’s assets and under its control.
- Buys sports time slots and services from Hippos for the next twenty years with €5,5 million per year.
- Rents out or sells those areas in the sports facilities that have not been transferred to the company through a transfer of assets.
- Sells 15,000 m2 worth of floor area of the land used for housing at Hippos and 9,000 m2 worth of floor area from, for example, Kivelänranta for normal zone price to the main investor.
- The city will receive a total of €17 million for its building ownership.
- The city will construct the sports field and infrastructure required by Hippos.